01 March 2011

Change

If this year has a theme for me, it is "change" and so much has changed for me. My parents have split up and both left Melbourne, where I am. I have had to find a new place to live, and I have now moved out of the family house of the vicar and moved into the house where I'll be staying. Tonight will be my third night sleeping here. I've also, within the last week, successfully got a new job but it in sales and commission-based. It was not my ideal working situation but even in the last couple of days, I have learned heaps and I'm sure that this job will give me HEAPS of experience and help me get another job in the future if this one doesn't turn out ok. Having said that, I'm not actually minding it too much at the moment. I don't mind the work, the issue is whether it will make me enough money to live on, and that depends on my own performance.

Today was my first "official" day where I first started making sales, and I made my first sale.

One of the issues I'm worried about (other than money and long hours) is that doing this kind of job might change a part of me that I like about myself. I don't even know what that part would be, but, as at least one friend has warned me to be, I'll be careful.

2 comments:

  1. Change is scary and exciting. I am not really that big of a fan of change. However, it is necessary. Best wishes at your new job.

    ReplyDelete