29 January 2011

Marysville

Today I went to Marysville with a bunch of other people from church to a trout farm where, every now and then, a group of people from church go to help rebuild in the aftermath of a devestating fire a couple of years ago.

This was my first time going.

So today I got in some good, old-fashioned physical labour (mostly moving dirt), I learned how to gut a fish, and I celebrated friends' engagement within an hour of the proposal with sausages and champaigne. He threatened us not to put it on facebook but I'm pretty sure no one reads this blog so I'm safe. At least, no one who knows who I could be talking about.

Tomorrow I'm going to a birthday barbeque, and then I'll be going to church (in the evening) to what will be my last service as a member (but I will probably still visit but as a guest).

I'm currently reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne which is great! I'm reading it on my kindle.

I may have missed an opportunity out of shyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment